Tuesday, June 21, 2016

David Spicer- A Poem


CINDERS                                          
 
After I ate a fortune cookie
in a Wyoming restaurant, I read its
prediction: You will never know
the thrill of a busboy. What, is this
a lavish joke? Should I commit
suicide by pills, a bayonet in my
throat, or hack government
web sites and suffer in limbo?
I stole the chopsticks for a souvenir
and called my ex-lover’s husband:
Blink and then stare before you endear
yourself to her, consign yourself
to the pickle factory. I hung up, wired
five dozen roses and a wind chime.
I wonder if humanity forgives itself
for the Holocaust. It shouldn’t.
I wonder if my lover decrypted
the missive. She was a Serbian nanny
without shame who warned my children
about the evils of oil and glue.
Fluttered her eyelashes, made me
kneel in the burning desert. I remember
her power, never forgot it in my hunt.
Soldiers couldn’t track her. She warned
me I had committed an error,
I know I rubbed her the wrong way.
I can’t believe I didn’t check her out.
I can’t believe my dreams are cinders.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com whats-App +918929509036 Dr James Eric Finance Pvt Ltd Thank

    ReplyDelete