Monday, November 4, 2013

Keith Landrum- Two Poems

left

relationships aren't
just a dick to fuck 
with and we should know
that by now

we are shallow
buried in 
6 ft. holes
still. uncomfortable.

and once
the smile leaves
the face
we lie
hoping
there is still
some one 
to cry 
for us

when we have
nothing 
at all
left 



remember

it's not enough
to just write
for ourselves
for the sake
of writing
the pure act 
of doing it

we have to have
others read 
our words
hearts 
souls
assholes

we have to have
praise
some one to say 
this changed
my thinking
my way
my life

our own words 
are not enough 
for us
to keep

we must enlighten
the populace
so obvious 
so stupid
so self serving

and now we hate
Bukowski and Ginsburg
again and again
because it's fashionable
again and 
again

there never was
a mystery 
only obvious bullshit
disguised
as prophecy

I can't deny it

so please
when you read
my poetry
remember
I am 
only fooling
myself
 
 
 
Bio: Keith Landrum is a writer, worker, punker, drinker, lowlife, lowbrow man of society, culture, and bullshit. He lives in Chattanooga, TN with his wife and 2 daughters.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment