Thursday, July 25, 2013

Anthony Arnott- Two Poems

Biting fight/Fighting bite

It is a fear.
To dry out.
To dry up.
To no longer
think the words they
aren’t expecting
to read.
To lose that bite
that allowed
me to get away
with it for so long,
too long. The fear
has come to
strangle
the fight.



Always Cold

Always cold.
You’ve made me always cold.

And tired. You’ve made me

ask the questions I don’t want to know the answers to.
            You’ve made me look back and see things differently. You’ve made

            me alone, staring into a future we were going to share
                                                                                                together.


                                                            You’ve made me hate
                                    myself for not seeing it
                                                                        coming.


 


             Anthony Arnott lives in Jarrow, South Tyneside, and works as an English teacher. In April 2013, his collection, The Genius who drank all the milk, was released. This was the follow-up to his August 2011 debut, Behind Barcodes, both of which were published by erbacce-press. For two years, he was a Poetry Editor for The Black Market Review
  A keen reader, Anthony has read in support of Jerome Rothenberg and has had fifty-word stories published in 50 to 1 and Postcard Shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment