Friday, March 8, 2013

Paul Tristram- Two Poems


Daisy Chain

"I hate her" I said to myself
as I walked to the off-license
so focused and eager in my anger.
Then they approached laughing
and one of them threw a daisy chain in my face
and said "Smile, Mister!"
I walked away feeling ashamed of myself
but still I smiled.
There are beautiful angels everywhere.

 
Published in Inclement (Poetry For The Modern Soul) Winter 2012




 Broken Still

I watched him
breaking pallets,
a suicidal slipper
somewhere near the bottom
as the sledge hammer head
broke into the wood.
After awhile he finished
and I picked up
that sledge hammer
and broke the second step.
He never understood
but I had his attention
and took it with me
through the winding lanes
that led to now
and here it is
broken still.

Published in Decanto, 61st Issue, October 2012



Paul Tristram is a Welsh writer who has poems, short stories and sketches published in many publications around the world, he yearns to tattoo porcelain bridesmaids instead of digging empty graves for innocence at midnight, this too may pass, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment