Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Narendra Kumar Arya- A Poem

A NARCOLEPTIC SPARROW

By my closed eyes you could infer I am a narcoleptic
So could you deduce from the sea of dreams that I splatter around
Also the face of darkness that hangs loose like a pendulum
Provides ample opportunities to your skinned reason
To declare a nocturnal
Is this creature.

Yes, night descends as a respite to your suspicions
But I can flee the nether of the day
Burning with thy presence
So repulsive, so crude
The whole earth, even
Vibrating with your ghostly laughter
Starts spinning with displeasure.

Why do I need open my eyes?
What’s there for me to see?



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 

Narendra Kumar Arya.  Born and educated in Varanasi, India, Did  MA, MBA, PhD.  Had taught Political Science for some ten years.  W
riting simultaneously in English and Hindi for quite some time, involved in getting published recently.  A few poems have appeared on Rabbit, EWR, and Tether.

No comments:

Post a Comment